Asparagus & Strawberry Salad
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock or water
1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 leek, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 cup strawberries, diced
3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, to taste
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp of sea salt & pepper, to taste
lemon zest, for garnish
Method 1. Rinse quinoa and place in a medium pot with the vegetable broth (or water) and cook according to package directions. Once cooked, fluff with a fork, remove from heat, and let sit covered for 5 minutes.
2. While the quinoa cooks, heat the oil and sauté the leek and garlic in a large skillet or wok for 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add the asparagus and salt and pepper and sauté for another 5-10 minutes.
4. Stir in the strawberries, peas, and parsley and heat for a few minutes and remove from heat.
5. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, and sea salt. Pour dressing onto skillet mixture and stir in the cooked quinoa.
6. Serve and enjoy! This would also be lovely garnished with nuts or seeds.