Curried Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients (serves 2)
1kg kent pumpkin
3 tbsp korma curry paste
0.75 can light coconut milk
0.5 x cup vegetable stock
2 cloves of garlic
1-2 x sprigs of sage
Method 1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and line baking tray with baking paper.
2. Remove skin from pumpkin and chop into 1-inch cubes. Place into a mixing bowl with curry paste. Mix well until pumpkin is evenly coated with paste.
3. Add to tray. Place sage and garlic cloves amongst pumpkin. Place in oven and allow to bake for 45 minutes until pumpkin is golden brown (some ovens may require longer). Once cooked, remove from oven and allow too cool.
4. For safety purposes, it is best to wait till pumpkin is room temperature before blending in food processor.
5. Remove sage from tray. Add roasted pumpkin and garlic into food processor with coconut milk and vegetable stock. Blend until a smooth puree is formed.
6. Divide soup into two serving bowls. Recommend serving with a dollop of natural yoghurt and oven baked seeds for crunch and/or a slice of toasted sourdough bread!